Scholarship and Bursary General Information
How to increase your chances of winning a scholarship and/or bursary:
- Scholarships Canada (set up your own profile)
- Student Awards (set up your own profile)
- Scholarship Tree (set up your own profile)
- Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
- Canada Student Grants
- WRDSB Awards
- Specific University and/or College Calendars of Study and Websites.
- Parents place of employment may offer scholarships to children of employees.
- Students should create a resume about themselves to be used for reference letters or essays
- Try to give teachers/employers etc. at least 2 weeks notice when requesting reference letters
- Pay attention to dates and deadlines
- Keep a file of all reference letters and applications>