To earn the OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) all students must volunteer 40 hours of their time, before they graduate from high school. Tracking forms may be picked up in the Guidance Office. You may hand them in to Mrs. Daub in guidance. Graduating students must have them in by June 1.
Where Can I Find Information on Volunteering?
Volunteer Cambridge United Way of Cambridge and North Dumfries 135 Thompson Drive, Suite 2, Cambridge Ontario 519-621-1030 ext. 226 www.uwcambridge.on.ca
NEW VOLUNTEER POSITIONS -updated May 9, 2018
- The All Abilities Soccer program is looking for volunteers to work with their inclusive team program for children and teens with mental health conditions or developmental delays. Call 519-896-8947 x10 or visit www.kitchenersoccerclub.com for more information.
- Blythe Academy offers TWO separate community service programs to Costa Rica and Nicaragua. Each program averages 15- 20 hours of volunteer work. call 1-866-960-3552 or www.blythacademy.ca/community-service
- The Faculty of Education’s LEAP (Laurier Enriched Academic Program) is seeking volunteers, aged 15 and older to participate in their Summer 2018 Enrichment Day Camps. These camps run both full and half days from July 9-13 and July 16-20. More information and application forms are available at www.wlu.ca/leap. Deadline for applications is June 8.
- Clemens Mills is looking for volunteers to help with their 25th Anniversary Celebration. if you are interested email Victoria_paulozza@wrdsb.ca with your name, school and job you would like to help with!
- Hot Shots Street Hockey tournament are looking for volunteers on Saturday May 26 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Aud. Score and time keepers, parking attendants, ball fetchers, set up and more. Apply to volunteer online www.hotshotstournament.com.
- Central Public School is looking for volunteers for MAYFAIR on Thursday May 17. Set up, Game attendants, and takedown helpers needed. Food and drinks included for volunteers! Contact email@example.com or call 519-623-0940 by May 11.
- Cambridge Ribfest is looking for volunteers August 10-12 at Riverside Park! Register online at www.cambridgeribfest.com/volunteers/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org to see the opportunities available.
- Cambridge Scottish Festival is looking for volunteers on the weekend of July 20-22. Many positions and shifts available. Please see Ms Beaupre for a volunteer form.
- Manchester Public School is having a fun barbecue on June 21 starting at 5:30. They are looking for high school students to run some games for the elementary students. If you are interested, please see Ms Beaupre in Guidance.
- Bridges Homeless Shelter is looking for high school students to volunteer at the shelter for their dinner program, one day a week, every other week from 4:00 – 7:30 p.m. You will be a part of a team and help prepare food, serve and clean up. Please contact Gord if you are interested at 519-624-9305 or email at email@example.com
- NDP Cambridge invite students to get volunteer hours by participating in their Election Campaign for the upcoming election June 7. Contact Mike Farnan at 519-267-2893 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- WLU is looking for student volunteers for their BrainWorx Summer Camp. July 9-13 and 16-20. Contact email@example.com or call 519-884-0710 ext 2871 if you are interested.
- South-West Regional Soccer Association, SWRSA, is looking for volunteers for a number of soccer tournaments and festivals throughout the summer. If interested, please contact Brett Holmes, at 519-894-5965 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tait Street School Fun Fair – Tait Street Public school is looking for volunteers for their fun fair. Earn community volunteer hours, plus dinner. Thursday May 31 from 4:30 – 8:30. Please email email@example.com with your name, email, number and any questions.