- 1Galt Collegiate Institute Presents...
- 2Specialist High Skills Major Programs
- 2.1Who is the program for?
- 2.2Participating in a ministry-approved SHSM program allows a student to specialize in a particular job sector during their senior high school years (Grades 11 & 12)
- 2.3SHSM Required Courses
- 3For More Information…
- 3.2Information & Communication Technology
Specialist High Skills Major Programs
GCI is proud to be home to four diverse SHSM programs:
Who is the program for?
SHSM programs are designed for all Grade 11 & 12 students heading for apprenticeship training, college, university, or the workplace
Participating in a ministry-approved SHSM program allows a student to specialize in a particular job sector during their senior high school years (Grades 11 & 12)
- Take four or more courses in the chosen sector
- Take complementary math, English and other courses
- Complete two work experience (Co-op) credits in a related field
- Participate in sector-related certification programs
- Join field trips and other learning opportunities relevant to the sector of choice
- Graduate with the SHSM “red seal” diploma
- Receive a SHSM transcript of all completed sector activities
SHSM is recognized by many post-secondary institutions
SHSM Required Courses
Check out the SHSM Course Calendar to see the options available in fulfilling course requirements for each sector SHSM.
For More Information…
Speak to your guidance counsellor or one of the major subject teachers listed below:
- Mrs. Keller – Stacey_Keller@wrdsb.ca
- Mrs. Vidberg – Michelle_Vidberg@wrdsb.ca
- Mr. Dietrich – firstname.lastname@example.org